I'm trying to enter my military retirement 1099-R....

I'm trying to enter my military retirement 1099-R. System does not recognize Defense Finance and Accounting Service. It will not let me enter it myself. Any suggestions?

(Do you really have a 1099-R already ?)

anyhow...if you work back out to the table of 1099-R forms...delete whatever is in there, then start a new 1099-R.  There should be an initial screen where you select "I'll type it in myself".   

In past years, there was no auto-import available for military 1099-R forms, so selecting one of the import options likely wouldn't work  (too early for most 1099-R forms to be available yet anyhow).

Yep, in the "Online" system, leave the box at the top empty, and go hit the button at the bottom of the page:

"I'll type it in myself"