I'm trying to enter my military retirement 1099-R....
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm trying to enter my military retirement 1099-R. System does not recognize Defense Finance and Accounting Service. It will not let me enter it myself. Any suggestions?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

I'm trying to enter my military retirement 1099-R. System does not recognize Defense Finance and Accounting Service. It will not let me enter it myself. Any suggestions?

(Do you really have a 1099-R already ?)

anyhow...if you work back out to the table of 1099-R forms...delete whatever is in there, then start a new 1099-R.  There should be an initial screen where you select "I'll type it in myself".   

In past years, there was no auto-import available for military 1099-R forms, so selecting one of the import options likely wouldn't work  (too early for most 1099-R forms to be available yet anyhow).

Highlighted
Level 15

Yep, in the "Online" system, leave the box at the top empty, and go hit the button at the bottom of the page:

"I'll type it in myself"

Privacy Settings