turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just purchased the turbo tax home & business 2020 version.I have qualified for the cares act 401k withdraw penalty free up to 100k.How do I enter qualification?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I just purchased the turbo tax home & business 2020 version.I have qualified for the cares act 401k withdraw penalty free up to 100k.How do I enter qualification?

The IRS has a new Form 8915-E for COVID-19 related retirement account withdrawals.  This form has not been finalized by the IRS for filing with a 2020 federal tax return.  The IRS has not announced when this form will be available.  Once available it will be included in the TurboTax software.

We estimate the form may be available sometime in February.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The IRS has a new Form 8915-E for COVID-19 related retirement account withdrawals.  This form has not been finalized by the IRS for filing with a 2020 federal tax return.  The IRS has not announced when this form will be available.  Once available it will be included in the TurboTax software.

We estimate the form may be available sometime in February.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies