turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

19marsh

I have received additional K-1 forms. Should we reopen?

I thought we had finished. The 2018 tax report has been filed. Should we reopen the return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You will need to amend the 2018 tax return to add the additional Schedule K-1's received.  An amended federal tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.  The IRS will take up to 4 months or longer to process the amended tax return.  If taxes are owed after completing the amended return, you send a check with the amended return when it is mailed.  If the amended return has a tax refund, then the IRS will send you a refund check in the mail for the refund, the refund cannot be direct deposited.

The tax return should not be amended until the tax refund has been received from the IRS.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will need to amend the 2018 tax return to add the additional Schedule K-1's received.  An amended federal tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.  The IRS will take up to 4 months or longer to process the amended tax return.  If taxes are owed after completing the amended return, you send a check with the amended return when it is mailed.  If the amended return has a tax refund, then the IRS will send you a refund check in the mail for the refund, the refund cannot be direct deposited.

The tax return should not be amended until the tax refund has been received from the IRS.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies