Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have not entered Julie's Part Time job income, her distribution received yearly, and interest on a bank account. I need to finish this tonight (4/13/17) Or by 8am CST

Or finish by 8am CST. If not, I guess I will have to file an extension. When an extension is filed I will be penalized, correct? I believe I have until the 18th of April to file since we should receive a refund, correct?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have not entered Julie's Part Time job income, her distribution received yearly, and interest on a bank account. I need to finish this tonight (4/13/17) Or by 8am CST

Correct, you have until the 18th to file (electronically or postmarked US mail).  There is no penalty if you're getting a tax refund, provided you file within 3 years of the April 18, 2017 deadline (or October 16, 2017 deadline if you filed an extension).  After 3 years, unclaimed tax refunds are forfeited and become the property of the U.S. Treasury.  If you owe taxes, pay what you estimate your tax burden will be and file an extension, you will avoid the heavy 5% penalty.

can you tell me how to add Julie's P.T. job and her yearly distribution received? I need to do this so that I can complete and file
boyz

Where you enter the info depends on if you get a W-2, a 1099-MISC, or however the employer reports her income.  It would go under Wages & Income, in whatever category that her income falls under.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies