turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have Investment advisory fees. It says to enter these Investment Expenses in Retirement and Investments. Where is this? Where can I find Retirement and Investments?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

I have Investment advisory fees. It says to enter these Investment Expenses in Retirement and Investments. Where is this? Where can I find Retirement and Investments?

Other investment expenses won't affect your federal return.  Under the new tax law, other investment expenses aren't deductible on your federal return, but some states still allow you to deduct them on your state return. We'll figure out if these expenses can affect your state return and do the calculations for you.

To enter your Investment Advisory Fees, log in to Turbot Tax and go to your return:

• Click on "Federal" on the left hand side of your screen
  • Click on "Deductions & Credits"
  • Scroll down to "All Tax Breaks" (You may need to click to show all tax breaks)
  • Towards the bottom you will see "Retirement and Investments"
  • Click on "Show More"
  • Next to "Other Investment Expenses" click on Start

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Other investment expenses won't affect your federal return.  Under the new tax law, other investment expenses aren't deductible on your federal return, but some states still allow you to deduct them on your state return. We'll figure out if these expenses can affect your state return and do the calculations for you.

To enter your Investment Advisory Fees, log in to Turbot Tax and go to your return:

• Click on "Federal" on the left hand side of your screen
  • Click on "Deductions & Credits"
  • Scroll down to "All Tax Breaks" (You may need to click to show all tax breaks)
  • Towards the bottom you will see "Retirement and Investments"
  • Click on "Show More"
  • Next to "Other Investment Expenses" click on Start

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies