nanpperkins

I have Investment advisory fees. It says to enter these Investment Expenses in Retirement and Investments. Where is this? Where can I find Retirement and Investments?

DDollar

Other investment expenses won't affect your federal return.  Under the new tax law, other investment expenses aren't deductible on your federal return, but some states still allow you to deduct them on your state return. We'll figure out if these expenses can affect your state return and do the calculations for you.

To enter your Investment Advisory Fees, log in to Turbot Tax and go to your return:

• Click on "Federal" on the left hand side of your screen
  • Click on "Deductions & Credits"
  • Scroll down to "All Tax Breaks" (You may need to click to show all tax breaks)
  • Towards the bottom you will see "Retirement and Investments"
  • Click on "Show More"
  • Next to "Other Investment Expenses" click on Start

DDollar

• Click on "Deductions & Credits"
  • Click on "Show More"