turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I do not itemize but I do have self employment income and some 401 investments. What verzion sould I use?

I have used the Premiere version in the past but it seems unnecessary sine I don't qualify to itemize.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

I do not itemize but I do have self employment income and some 401 investments. What verzion sould I use?

Yes, if you used TurboTax Online last year, we recommend that you log into the same account to begin your current tax return. Doing this will transfer all your information to your new return.

As you work through the TurboTax interview screens, you will be prompted to upgrade to the correct version for your situation. This year, most self-employed taxpayers will use TurboTax Self-Employed Online.

If you used TurboTax CD/Download for desktop, purchase and install the same version you had last year. Again, you can import last year's tax return information to begin your new return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, if you used TurboTax Online last year, we recommend that you log into the same account to begin your current tax return. Doing this will transfer all your information to your new return.

As you work through the TurboTax interview screens, you will be prompted to upgrade to the correct version for your situation. This year, most self-employed taxpayers will use TurboTax Self-Employed Online.

If you used TurboTax CD/Download for desktop, purchase and install the same version you had last year. Again, you can import last year's tax return information to begin your new return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies