Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I did not receive 1099-nec can I just enter the income amount without the 1099-nec form?

This is for a large amount and there must have been a 1099-nec filed and lost in the mail. I know the exact amount of the income so if I simply enter the amount as income will I be ok or will I have to provide the other information which should have been on the 1099-nec form?
I guess I am asking if Turbo Tax Self Employed includes the 1099-nec info on my tax return or just includes the income amount form my 1099-nec forms.

Thank you so much!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

I did not receive 1099-nec can I just enter the income amount without the 1099-nec form?

If you do not have the information from the 1099-NEC (Payer ID etc) you can enter under General Income with the Payer name.  As long as you report the income, the entry of the 1099-NEC is not a major issue.  Without all the 1099-NEC info, you will not be able to file with the NEC form entry.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much!

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Without a Form 1099-NEC, you can simply enter information under Schedule C section. Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online,

• Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • From the upper right menu, select Search and type in schedule c and Enter
  • Select the Jump to schedule c
  • Next screen, "Your 2020 work summary" under your self employed business, select Review
  • Continue to enter related expenses and other required information

When you received a nonemployee compensation, the IRS treats you as self employed and requires you to pay self employment taxes.  The net profit amount will show on line 8 of your Schedule 1 and Form 1040. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you very much for the detailed steps!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies