turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Dadicator

It keeps asking me to complete a 1099R form, but I did not receive a distribution. Why do I need to complete this form?

How can I stop turbo tax from asking me to complete a 1099R since I did not rollover an IRA or receive a distribution from one?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ddaven12

It keeps asking me to complete a 1099R form, but I did not receive a distribution. Why do I need to complete this form?

The Form 1099-R may have been inadvertently added to the tax return. Please take the steps below to delete the Form 1099-R.

1. Open TurboTax
  2. In the upper right corner type 1099-r in the search box, then select find (see screenshot)
  3. Next select Jump to 1099-r (see screenshot)
  4. This will bring you to a screen that says Your 1099-R entries Select Delete and follow the onscreen instructions to continue with your tax return.

If you still see the form after following the above steps, please take the steps below to delete the Form 1099-R form the TurboTax program.

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools then select Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next Form 1099-R and follow the onscreen instructions

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Dadicator

I completed the form and put in zeros for the numbers.  The form has disappeared from my forms.  When I tried following this advice, it would never jump to the 1099R section, so putting in zeroes must have worked.  If it happens again next year, I'll  have to try it again.  I tried in vain to get through to someone on the phone and your system makes it obvious you don't want to actually talk to your customers.  This is a very disappointing situation, because a lot of people still want to ask questions directly instead of waiting for a response electronically which didn't work anyway.
ddaven12

The Form 1099-R may have been inadvertently added to the tax return. Please take the steps below to delete the Form 1099-R.

1. Open TurboTax
  2. In the upper right corner type 1099-r in the search box, then select find (see screenshot)
  3. Next select Jump to 1099-r (see screenshot)
  4. This will bring you to a screen that says Your 1099-R entries Select Delete and follow the onscreen instructions to continue with your tax return.

If you still see the form after following the above steps, please take the steps below to delete the Form 1099-R form the TurboTax program.

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax Tools then select Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next Form 1099-R and follow the onscreen instructions
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies