artamous

I am trying to follow the trail for my taxes dues as line 10 for taxable incomes shows a decent amount yet line 11 shows $0. I have taxable income but owe $0?

DanaB

If you had Qualified Dividends and/or Capital Gains on your return they are taxed at 0%, 15%, or 20% tax rate depending on your income. The Qualified Dividends and Capital Gains are include in the taxable income on line 10 but the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet is used to calculate the tax.

DanaB

artamous

Thank you. It took me awhile but had found the worksheet that walks you through it. The form just seems odd when it shows taxable income as half decent amount and tax owed $0. The walk through is more complex than the past. Thanks again