Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wsp90

I am trying to enter my total costs and proceeds for my 1099-B. It is telling me this value cannot exceed $9,999,999.99. My values exceed this number, how can i enter it?

Specifically, this is for Box 1d (proceeds) and Box 1e (cost basis) of form 1099-B
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I am trying to enter my total costs and proceeds for my 1099-B. It is telling me this value cannot exceed $9,999,999.99. My values exceed this number, how can i enter it?

@wsp90 

The only workaround that might be possible....is to break up the sale into two or more entries for the same date, such that no entry is greater than that amount.

IF that won't work, you'd have to go see a professional tax  preparer.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@SteamTrain @wsp90 

"IF that won't work, you'd have to go see a professional tax  preparer."

Really,?

how about using other tax prep software that does not have this arbitrary restriction.

@fanfare 

Correct....One would have to research each software company to find what their data entry limits are...and with 1.5 days to go?

and..Yes......Professional tax preparers would likely be unavailable at this late date.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

one might ask on the forum.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies