Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am attempting to do a rough draft of 2020 taxes and the retirement income section is not available yet. When will it be available?

When will turbo tax retirement income section be available for users?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I am attempting to do a rough draft of 2020 taxes and the retirement income section is not available yet. When will it be available?

It could take a couple of months--the IRS is drafting new 1099R forms and then the software programmers have to program for those forms; then the IRS has to approve the software...it is a process.....Sorry.  If you have 2019 desktop software you can try a "what if" using 2019--but it will not have the CARES stuff.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Click on the REVIEW tab to see what it is and when it is estimated to be ready (when operational) ... 

IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

·         

State Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Normally, the 1099-R section is  available at this time of year.

BUT

This year there will be a HUGE rewriting needed for the 1099-R section:

1) RMDs taken that are no longer to be considered actual RMDs (will or should the software still call them RMDs)

2) Could what is now not an RMD be converted to ROTH, since RMDs aren't required?

3)  QCD questions that have to be dealt with for what would have been RMDs  (if any QCDs are allowed at all this year)

4)  Then all of the machinations about dealing with the return of $$ from what would have been RMD distributions from IRA/401k/TSP etc. accounts.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies