How do you enter a qualified charitable distribution in Turbo Tax? I have looked a prior answers which don't match up with how the 1099-R form works. Please help.

I have made qualified charitable distributions from my IRA.  The system does not ask me if I have those types of distributions even though I have checked the box for IRA/SEP/Simple.  I don't know how to enter the qualified amount so that it reduces the taxable amount of my distributions.

Level 18 rjs

The questions in the screen shots that Critter#2 posted come after you click Continue on the screen where you enter the 1099-R information. As Critter#2 said, you have to continue through the interview screen by screen. The screen that asks whether you transferred any of the distribution to charity doesn't say "QCD," but that's what it's about. If you answer that you transferred part of the distribution to charity, the next screen will ask you how much was transferred to charity. The next screen after that will tell you that the amount you specified is designated as a QCD. That last confirmation screen is the only place that you will actually see the term QCD.

Be sure to run a software update.

If you are the IRA participant, for TurboTax to ask if any portion of your distribution was transferred to charity, your birthdate entered into TurboTax must indicate that you were at least age 70½ by the end of the tax year, the Form 1099-R must have code 7, and the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box must be marked.

If you are the beneficiary of the IRA of a deceased individual and the Form 1099-R has code 4 with the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box marked, in addition to your birthdate indicating that you were age 70½ or older at the end of the tax year, TurboTax incorrectly requires that you indicate that the deceased participant would have reached age 70½ by the end of the tax year as well.
Level 18 rjs

I beg to differ ... you may wish to delete the 1099-R and enter it again .... if you indicated it was an IRA distribution and you are over the age of 70.5 then the following screens about RMD & QCD  do appear in the interview if you continue screen by screen ...