Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I show that the 2018 1099-G from Oklahoma was not used as a deduction in 2017?

I Itemized my 2017 Federal return (used Schedule A) but did not claimed State Income tax paid because I moved and paid no 2017 tax to Oklahoma. State taxes were withheld from IRA Distribution. Now in 2018 I received 1099-G from Oklahoma, how do I show this payment as non taxable for 2018?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

How do I show that the 2018 1099-G from Oklahoma was not used as a deduction in 2017?

Curiously, there is nothing that you need to do about this. If you did not itemize in 2017 and obtain a tax benefit from the state taxes, simply do not include the Form 1099-G in your income. Keep in mind, the IRS already knows what you claimed, or did not claim, on your prior year tax returns.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MichaelMc

Curiously, there is nothing that you need to do about this. If you did not itemize in 2017 and obtain a tax benefit from the state taxes, simply do not include the Form 1099-G in your income. Keep in mind, the IRS already knows what you claimed, or did not claim, on your prior year tax returns.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies