usersavannahmblank97

How do I enter info for a 1099-G for 2020 of turbo tax is only giving me up to 2019 as an option?

You are trying to enter it in the wrong place if you are trying to enter unemployment.

UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION

Unemployment compensation is taxable on your federal return.

You will have to enter a 1099G that is issued by your state.

Some states will mail out the 1099G.  Or you might need to go to your state’s unemployment website and use the password, etc. that you have been using to certify for weekly benefits to get your 1099G from the state’s site.

Enter your 1099G in Federal>Wages & Income>Unemployment

Go through the screens very carefully, making sure to enter any federal/state tax you had withheld from the unemployment.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-report-a-1099-g-for-unemploymen...

STATES THAT TAX UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS

AZ, AR, CO, CT, DE, DC, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, NB, NM, NY,NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, WV, WI

STATES THAT DO NOT  TAX UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS on the state return

AK, CA, FL, MT, NH, NJ, NV ,PA, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WY

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/personal-income-taxes/help/how-does-receiving-unemployment-affect-...

usersavannahmblank97

It’s not for unemployment.