Budmon

How do I enter a Military retirement 1099, the software only allows 4 federal choices none are correct?

The software will not accept DFAS as a bank

Enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R

On the screen Did you get a 1099-R in 2020? Click on Yes

On the next screen click on Continue

On the screen Let's import your tax info Click on Change how I enter my form

On the screen How do you want to add your 1099‑R? Click on Type it in myself

SteamTrain

(yeah...don't attempt to select a bank., or Financial institution, on the first starting page.....skip past that page)

IF you are asking about the following 4 selections....the first one  is the correct one  (in the "Online" software display )

Note also that DFAS sent out a lot of 2020 1099-R forms with the Payer's TIN missing the last digit, and they are re-issuing those with the proper final digit included  (a "2" )

_______________________________________________

2020_Mil_1099R_Choice.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*