Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I change the withdrawal date for my state return that I filed through turbotax? I owe over $300 in state taxes and would prefer to stagger the payments.

It's currently set to withdrawal 4/28 all at once.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DoninGA
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

How do I change the withdrawal date for my state return that I filed through turbotax? I owe over $300 in state taxes and would prefer to stagger the payments.

You will have to contact your state to cancel the payment and then make arrangements to pay in installments.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting the Department of Revenue by state - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/state-taxes/contact-state-department-rev...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DoninGA
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

You will have to contact your state to cancel the payment and then make arrangements to pay in installments.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting the Department of Revenue by state - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/state-taxes/contact-state-department-rev...

If you already transmitted your return in TurboTax, there is no way to change any part of the return with TurboTax, including payment dates.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies