Solved: How do I answer whether the withdrawal was an RMD when my husband (64) inherited his mother's IRA's by requesting the IRA's be distributed out lump sum(taxes withheld)?

Cathy2

How do I answer whether the withdrawal was an RMD when my husband (64) inherited his mother's IRA's by requesting the IRA's be distributed out lump sum(taxes withheld)?

His mother did take out her RMD in 2017 and she died just before the end of 2017

dmertz

TurboTax asks this RMD question to determine the amount that is eligible for rollover.  Since a distribution paid to a non-spouse beneficiary is not eligible for rollover anyway, it doesn't matter which answer you select for this question.

dmertz