turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8606 Availability

THEN WHY CAN H&R BLOCK SOFTWARE HAVE IT -- SINCE JANUARY??????????????????????

Form 8606 Availability

THEN WHY CAN H&R BLOCK SOFTWARE HAVE IT -- SINCE JANUARY ??????????????????????

rrh
Level 3

Form 8606 Availability

We're making real progress.  Now we've gone from available 2/12 to "ready soon!"

Form 8606 Availability

INTUIT TURBO TAX IS USELESS.  WHEN IS " READY SOON" ? @#$%^&*()$%^&*_()_!

hwm
Level 2

Form 8606 Availability

Turbotax please respond to this message.

At this point I have to ask "What the hell is going on?"  Form 8606 has gone from being available the end of January to 2/5/2020 to 2/12/2020 to being listed as "available soon" (whatever that means) when I boot Turbotax.  As of the morning of 2/12 it is no longer even listed on the Turbotax Individual Forms Availability Table (https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_windows_individual.htm... It should be between Form 8586 and Form 8615, but it isn't there!

"Form 8586, Low-Income Housing Credit    available   available
Form 8615, Tax for Certain Children who have Investment Income   02/20/2020   02/20/2020"

Is Turbotax still supporting Form 8606 and if not how can I get a refund?  If Turbotax is supporting 8606 when will it be available.  Give us a hard date not some amorphous "soon."
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 8606 Availability

It should be available 24 hours after the IRS approves TurboTax to use the form. Currently, the IRS has not finalized the form. Here is the IRS web page to check the status of form 8606: Available Forms and Limitations. Scroll down to Form 8606.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 8606 Availability

Form 8606 Availability

ADDITION to last reply.  I am not a Tax Expert or was previous post Tax advice.  Copy and paste the link posted above  into your Browser and form your own conclusions.

Form 8606 Availability

PS:  I have H&R Block software being delivered today, 02/12/2020

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Form 8606 Availability

Form 8606  will be available in this week's release of TurboTax.  The forms availability article will be updated when the release is made.

Form 8606 Availability

I just clicked on the link for TurboTax CD/Download for Windows and form 8606 is not even on the list!!!  This is totally ridiculous.  Promising a form for a date and then, not even listing it as a supported form?  This product has gone downhill over the last few years.  I hope I can efile at some point before someone steals my identity!!

Form 8606 Availability

Agree, this is bonkers and frustrating.  It's not even about having access to my refund, but more of antifraud prevention (e.g. I want to file my return before a scammer tries to using a paper return).  

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/security/what-is-stolen-identity-refund-fraud/L3fFN1Gyk

Form 8606 Availability

We have been hearing this B/S all month.  The form has been available since 01/31/2020.

See link posted I posted earlier today. This in a TurboTax problem. Maybe Intuit/TurboTax should have gotten off it's #&%  and had the job done on time. I have H&R Block software being delivered today, 20/12/2012.

Does the date sound familiar?

Form 8606 Availability

CORRECTION:  Having H&R Block software delivered today:  02/12/2020

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Form 8606 Availability

Form 8606 will be in this week's release. We do not yet have an exact date/time, which is why the form is not currently on the list.  The list should also be updated by the end of the business day today. 

Our programmers and developers are working around the clock to get this form to you.  

I have this post on my watch list today and will return before I leave for the evening to let you know if I have learned anything new or sooner if I get confirmation of a release date/time.  

We know it's frustrating to wait and even more frustrating when we cannot provide exact dates and times.

It is important that we provide an accurate, quality product for our customers and sometimes that takes a little longer than we'd like.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies