turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JMW

Why do I need to give TurboTax my two banks log in information to import my Social Security Income and my Pension Income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Why do I need to give TurboTax my two banks log in information to import my Social Security Income and my Pension Income?

First of all you cannot import a SSA1099 from Social Security, so there are no bank numbers required for SS.  In order to get your SSA1099 you need to go on the the SS site and use your own password and user ID that you establish with SS.

If you cannot find your SSA1099,you can get one from your nearest Social Security office, or there is a way to go on the Social Security website and request one.  Go to www.ssa.gov  You have to create an account with a user name and password.

https://www.ssa.gov/onlineservices/

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Go to Federal> Wages & Income>>Retirement Plans and Social Security  (SSA1099 and 1099RRB) to enter your SSA1099.

If you want to import the 1099R for a pension, then you do need the user ID and password that you normally use when you go online to view your retirement account.  Or if you have the 1099R in hand then just enter it by keying in the information.

To enter your retirement income, Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies