buddy0105

Filing form 1099r retired from NYS and we do not pay state taxes on our pension where do I show this? I should not owe NYS $1613!

how do I start over?
SteamTrain

yo enter it just as any 1099-R is entered...BUT...there is a follow-up page where you have to indicate the exact NY Pension source.

______________________________

1099R_NewYork.png

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
ColeenD3

If you suspect an error, you are right to start over from scratch. If you have previous years returns, you can compare them with your 2020 to see any discrepancies. Before deleting the state return, try deleting the 1099-R first and redoing it.

To delete your state:

Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions