tmansir

Federal Smart Check shows error on 1099-R entry for box 9a not being between the prescribed upper and lower limits. Value is blank in the 1099-R, and shown as 0 in TurboTax. Do I just ignore?

dmertz

Leave box 9a blank in TurboTax; delete the zero.  Some payers mistakenly put a zero in box 9a when the form is imported from the payer rather than being entered manually.

dmertz

tmansir

That was is exactly! I imported the information and the import put a 0.00 in that box, which apparently TurboTax didn't like, thus flagging the error. I deleted the 0.00 entry and left box 9a blank, and TurboTax was then happy, as am I. Thanks!

stica1

That did the fix.  Thanks.