turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is it better to fax or mail the additional information the irs has requested from me regarding my return as far as speed and efficiency?

They wanted my 1095A, a newly filled out and signed page 2 of my return, and a completed 8962 form. I have completed all of the above and am ready to send. Just want to know most efficient method to ensure my return is fixed and released to me ASAP. I needed that money to move and am now being evicted... Please help..
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Is it better to fax or mail the additional information the irs has requested from me regarding my return as far as speed and efficiency?

fax, depending on where you live, mailing could take a week just for them to even sort it.

I live in Connecticut and it looks like the mail would be going to Kovington, KY. I'm not normally the type of person who is in a rush and I know the IRS doesn't necessarily set any speed records but I just finished getting the paperwork together and figured I would ask to see which might move things along faster, fax or mail, because my return this year I was supposed to go toward in New house for my family and I should have never depended on it being here when originally assumed it would have been. I won't make that mistake again.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies