paulhammons

Does the running total on my return include self employment tax? Or does that need to be figured separately?

The refund monitor does not mean anything until you have everything entered.  But, if you enter your self-employment income and prepare your schedule C the software will calculate your self-employment tax.  That will be figured in to your refund or tax due.

TomD8

And so the running total won't include your SE tax until after you've completed your Schedule C.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.