turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GLM_12

CSA 1099-R "Where is your distribution From?" needs info. Can't satisfy this question when selecting "None of Above"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

CSA 1099-R "Where is your distribution From?" needs info. Can't satisfy this question when selecting "None of Above"

Please go back to the beginning of the 1099-R section and verify that you selected "Office of Personnel Management (CSA 1099-R) For U.S. Government Civil Service retiree annuity" and not 1099-R.

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the Search box on the top and type “1099-R”
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” and you should see the “Your 1099-R Entries” screen
  4. Click on "Edit" continue until "Who gave you a 1099-R?"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GLM_12

When I get to the 1099-R section, I have 2 accounts displaying "Edit" and a 3d account (Off. of Pers. Mgt.) repeatedly displays "Needs Review" and offers only "Review", not Edit. When I do a federal review I get the "Where is your distribution from?"  question and "needs info." in red. I select "none of the above" and continue. the end results is it is a loop! with the same result each time I go through it.

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If you cannot edit the CSA 1099-R entry then please try to delete and renter the information to see if that will resolve your issue.

GLM_12

No luck. I reentered the 1099-R manually ...same result. 

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

We cannot see the details of your return, therefore I suggest contacting TurboTax for more detailed help. Please see What is the TurboTax phone number?

GLM_12

Thanks for the assist. The problem was resolved. I logged in yesterday ran thru the CSA 1099-R again.  The problem did not repeat.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies