turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Micky

What is the last date of making contribution to 401k for 2017. Where can i find the info on IRS website?

I read in several forums that I can make the contribution after Dec 31st and mark it for 2017. How can this be achieved?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LisaBr

What is the last date of making contribution to 401k for 2017. Where can i find the info on IRS website?

Contributions for 401(k) have two deadlines:

Contributions deadline for Employees elective deferrals is last paycheck or 12/31/2017

Total Contribution deadline (Employer non-elective deferrals) is until 4/15/2018 (plus extensions)

https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/plan-participant-employee/retirement-topics-401k-and-profit-sha...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LisaBr

Contributions for 401(k) have two deadlines:

Contributions deadline for Employees elective deferrals is last paycheck or 12/31/2017

Total Contribution deadline (Employer non-elective deferrals) is until 4/15/2018 (plus extensions)

https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/plan-participant-employee/retirement-topics-401k-and-profit-sha...

Micky

Thanks, this is good, but how to di make Non Elective Deferrals? My employer / payroll processor s claiming they cannot do it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies