turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Been using turbo tax for 10 years and wonder if I can enter my information in It's Deductable using last years CD or I I have to wait for the new one to come out?

I have last years CD.  Can I use this to enter THIS year's donations in its deductable or do I have to wait until the new CD comes out.  I want to get a jump start and start entering info now.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Been using turbo tax for 10 years and wonder if I can enter my information in It's Deductable using last years CD or I I have to wait for the new one to come out?

ItsDeductible is an online (web) based program only.

If you would like to access the classic version of ItsDeductible, please follow these steps:

• Click this link: https://itsdeductibleonline.intuit.com/Logout.htm
  • The page will show that you are logged out. At the top of the page is a small sign-in button .
  • Click sign-in and use your ItsDeductible login credentials to get access to the classic version of your account.
  • Bookmark the page.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

ItsDeductible is an online (web) based program only.

If you would like to access the classic version of ItsDeductible, please follow these steps:

• Click this link: https://itsdeductibleonline.intuit.com/Logout.htm
  • The page will show that you are logged out. At the top of the page is a small sign-in button .
  • Click sign-in and use your ItsDeductible login credentials to get access to the classic version of your account.
  • Bookmark the page.

SweetieJean, when using this link, I entered my log in info, and started to add charity items.  When I clicked on: add item to my donation, i get a spinner for many minutes.  I have to close out of link and go back in.  It saves it, however, I can't use it after entering each item...?

@traceyawallace

In the "Classic view?   OR on the "New" itsDeductible View?

I have no similar problems entering a variety of different category items with the "classic" and the Chrome browser....the spinner only comes up for a moment.
3)  I get really-slow responses on everything when my W10 system is busy downloading updates in the background.....there's a variety of ways to check for that
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Chrome is not working with this!  Edge worked fine, thanks for the info!  Using Windows 10, yikes...hope this is not a sign of things to come.

I've had some occasional strange responses with all browsers every 3-6 months, where had to go into the browser's tools and delete cookies, or recent History before things would work right......
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

The donation module inside the desktop version of Turbotax (CD or download) is a yearly thing, you'll have to wait until you buy the program. 

ItsDeductible Online is a web based donation tracker you can use during the year, and year over year, and import the data into your tax return.  One note, however, the programmers have been changing the interface and a lot of people hate the new version.  Give it a try, but you can always fall back on the module in the program itself.

So entering my deductions here will upload my contributions into the new CD when it comes out in the next month or so??

yes...your "charitable" contributions will be able to download into your tax file.

BUT
After you create an ItsDeductible account, Use the directions SweetieJean posted to make yoru entries, because the main new front-end interface is miserable...The charity info you enter is still recorded in the exact same database, it's just that the software for entering the data is better in the "classic" version.

Keep a separate spreadsheet listing anyhow, just in case you have problems later.  You do need to keep any records and receipts you have for your donations in any case.
Of course, it's always remotely possible that TTX will trash the whole ItsDed online setup....which would result in a lot of screaming and bad press, but they don't let any of us users "in" on those decisions.

@traceyawallace if you use ItsDeductible Online with the CD-based software, when you get to the charity section you will see a screen that says "transfer from ItsDeductible online or enter on my own" and you would choose transfer.  After transferring, you can add additional items, but you don't want to transfer from online more than once since it may do unpredictable things to your previous information.

Thank you!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies