Can I rollover a pension distribution from a qualified plan to my spouse's traditional IRA? She is not working and does not receive a pension. We have no earned income.

Unfortunately, no. This is your retirement account and your wife's IRA is her account. It is not like other items on a joint return. There is no joint ownership and you do not mix accounts.

From YOUR retirement plan to spouse's IRA?

Yes, can I rollover a distribution from my pension to a spouse's IRA?  I usually just contribute to her IRA every year, but wondering if I can just rollover a portion of pension distribution to her instead. thank you

I understand now. thank you.

A pension that is paid in periodic payments and is not a lump sum payout, is not eligible for rollover in any event even to your IRA.