turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 1040 form line 15b is pulling gross distribution amount, not taxable amount from my 1099-R. The gross distribution is blank in box 15a. How can I fix this?

In other words:
1040 form box 15a:  no distribution shown (blank)
1040 form box 15b: gross distribution from my 1099-R shows rather than the taxable amount from my 1099-R.

Our IRA does have a basis that is different than 0.  

In the past, we completed Form 8606 to be submitted manually with the return because it didn't come up within Turbo Tax.  Perhaps I need to find out how to add this form in TurboTax or keep doing it manually.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My 1040 form line 15b is pulling gross distribution amount, not taxable amount from my 1099-R. The gross distribution is blank in box 15a. How can I fix this?

Bring form 1040 up on the screen. Put the pointer on line 15b and right click. On the box that appears click on "data source."  Another box will appear displaying the source. That should help to isolate the source of the error.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Bring form 1040 up on the screen. Put the pointer on line 15b and right click. On the box that appears click on "data source."  Another box will appear displaying the source. That should help to isolate the source of the error.

Thank you Rogge 1722!!!! You helped so much 😄
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies