Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kmgarmon

Box 9a is 0 on my 1099-R

Says minimum is 0.01 and cannot move on from this page
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

Box 9a is 0 on my 1099-R

Leave box 9a blank on TurboTax's 1099-R form.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

Box 9a is 0 on my 1099-R

Leave box 9a blank on TurboTax's 1099-R form.

Box 9a is 0 on my 1099-R

I have TRIED to leave box 9a blank, since it's blank on the 1099R, but TurboTax will not let me proceed unless a value is given!
dmertz
Level 15

Box 9a is 0 on my 1099-R

I'm not aware of any circumstances where TurboTax requires an entry in box 9a.  As far as I know, box 9a on TurboTax's 1099-R form can always be left blank.  Box 9a is informational only, for use when the distribution reported on the Form 1099-R is one of several made to multiple beneficiaries of a decedent.  I suggest deleting and reentering the Form 1099-R.

Box 9a is 0 on my 1099-R

It did not require box 9a to be filled on any of my other 1099-R forms. This one was imported. I finally got around it by selecting “Forms,” choosing that one and manually deleted the 0.00 that TurboTax had inserted. Then TT finally accepted the form.
carr98

Box 9a is 0 on my 1099-R

I just had the same issue filing an imported 1099-R for 2020.  Selecting "forms" and deleting the value worked for me.

Box 9a is 0 on my 1099-R

Still happening in Feb 2022. Doing 2021 taxes. It happens when you import the information (1099-R). The field is filled with zero and when you try and continue it says "must be at least .01". The work around is to delete the zero in that field and then it is fine. This is a work around and glitch and I would think it would be fixed by now since this original post is a few years old.

Sue

Box 9a is 0 on my 1099-R

Just got off the phone with support cause I was having the same issue. I couldn't even go back and delete and manually enter the form because I was at the very end and it wouldn't let me proceed until I "fixed" the mistake. Turns out, I had to delete the 0.00 in the box and leave it completely blank. Hope this helps others!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies