miller15480

Are we able to use free addition using TurboTax, My spouse retired in 2017 and began pension in December 2017. Can I deduct Union dues using TurboTax free addition?

The TurboTax online Free edition supports entry of a Form 1099-R for pension income.  It does not support entry of employee business expenses, such as Union Dues.  You would need to upgrade to the Deluxe edition to enter the Job-Related Expenses.

Job Related Expenses are entered as an itemized deduction on Schedule A and only the total job-related expenses greater than 2% of AGI are deductible.  So if you will not have total itemized deductions greater than the standard deduction for your filing status there is no benefit to itemize deductions.