401K from my old Company account rolled over to IR...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kavehmavaji
Level 2

401K from my old Company account rolled over to IRA rollover account in Fidelity. Should I report this money transfer in my 2020 tax return? If yes, how should I do it?

4 Replies
VolvoGirl
Level 15

401K from my old Company account rolled over to IRA rollover account in Fidelity. Should I report this money transfer in my 2020 tax return? If yes, how should I do it?

Did you transfer it in 2020?  You probably should have a 1099R for it.  Was it a direct trustee to trustee transfer and you didn't get a check or touch the money?

kavehmavaji
Level 2

@VolvoGirl

Yes, I received 1099R. 

Yes, it was a direct trustee to trustee transfer and I didn't get a check or touch the money.

VolvoGirl
Level 15

You have to enter the 1099R.  What is the code in box 7?  Is it a G?

Enter a 1099R under

Federal Taxes Tab or Personal (Home & Business)

Wages & Income at the top

Then scroll way down to Retirement Plans and Social Security,

Then IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099R) - click Start or Revisit

If you are filing a Joint return be sure to pick which person it is for.

kavehmavaji
Level 2

@VolvoGirl  Yes, it is a G. 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings