turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

@LS13  me either lol!!! I'm hoping that since it's like still a week away that they'll get it fixed and send it to my account. It will take forever for a check to come and then only God knows who touched it and what sickness may be on it. I'll stand outside snap a picture upload it to chime and discard it. It won't come in my home where my child is. When he gets sick he get really sick. Don't matter what it is. And he doesn't even have immune system issues or anything like that. 

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

@Tjhutson1990 I will let you know, I still am awaiting for the page to update. I'll check it tomorrow morning. I updated mine around 730 am Wednesday morning. I dont care if it's a check or not as long as I get a date so I can stop wondering. 

I’m the original poster. I called Turbo Tax to inquire about a refund after a multitude of issues not just with my federal refund and state tax but the bs where they didn’t provide the IRS with adequate information to send me my stimulus and Turbo Tax declined to refund me my money. They felt that even though they made a considerable amount of mistakes and then publicly lied in the Washington Post when they said “all their customers would receive their stimulus on their Turbo Tax cards and they were just awaiting guidance from the IRS” that was a crock. 

We need a class action lawsuit so Turbo Tax knows not to play games with our money. I paid $230 to get my taxes done from them and I’ve used them every year for as long as I can remember. I’m done. I’ve had enough of their crap. They’re liars and con artists and will claim they’re doing as their told by the IRS-they deliberately did not provide adequate information for all their customers to receive stimulus payments only some of them they did not put up a portal to confirm your information for Turbo Tax and the IRS when they were asked about it publicly they did not tell the truth and instead they’ve been blaming their shortcomings on awaiting “guidance from the IRS”. I’ve also had them tell me they didn’t know in advance that this money would ultimately come to tax payers. Doesn’t matter-they manage our taxes and should have been prepared to assist the IRS in paying us. I received a Green Dot Turbo Tax Debit Card-not the rush card- I received this card because when filing I was told I qualified for an advance and that never happened. Instead they sent me tons of emails wanting me to place my direct deposit payroll on the card. I had no use for that. 

I did get my taxes later than the timeframe promised the state taxes required a random security check so I got that later which may or may not have been their fault but now my stimulus is all screwed up. 

And so I said that it would be appropriate for a refund or even a partial refund and they felt that despite all the problems they created no refund was due. 

I will never use TT again. Nor will my family. 

It still says the same thing . My info doesn’t match their records . I entered exactly like on my return 

Make sure the dollar amount is only the total of your federal return make sure your filing status is correct and make sure you type your street address in exactly like it is on your return for example is street is spelled out street don’t put st. Try again. Look at your forms on the turbo tax app. Look at just the federal line total. That’s the amount you need to type in-before any fees or offsets. The same dollar amount you would put to track your refund is what you put here. Try again. If you did all that and it still doesn’t work there’s a discrepancy somewhere. You will have to wait for a mailed document indicating what next steps you need to take since the IRS is not taking phone calls right now which is bs. I hope you get everything fixed. 

It said it is mailing mine on the 24th. I think it was a glitch when I tried to update bank info. Probably because millions are doing it at the same time.

What do you mean it said? Like the portal said that in its.gov?

In the check my payment f A Q S on irs.Gov they clearly stated updated April 17th if you file 2019 taxes recently we still updating the information you won't be able to use get my payment til it's FULLY processed everybody situation different let's not dawn paperchecks on ppl and it's only been 3 days since a major release of those checks plus not to be mean 1200 is light $ facts keep it real 

I did my 2019 taxes in January . Got my federal refund in Feb.  get my payment is still telling me my info doesn’t match their records 

Thats what mine said a check will be mailed out on the 24th. If you got a loan through hr block or turbo tax you will not get your stimulus direct deposited even if you update your routing number and account number. You will recieve a paper check

I didn't receive a loan from TurboTax...but I didn't receive a refund due to an offset. So I think because no transaction happened that may be why I am receiving a paper check...or so it seems...who knows ...it's just way confusing. It's like their making it up as they go! 

@aimeej23  did it happen to be a child support offset? My bf has a offset for CS owed. We've seen that if you have a cs offset you won't get a stimulus payment but we haven't seen weather or not it will go toward paying the arrears. My child's bio father owes back support. But I received cash assistance from the state. They take his returns for back support owed but my son has never seen a penny of that money. I'm wondering if this stimulus payment does go toward back support owed if it would come as a child support payment or like a refund and the state keep the whole thing. I don't agree with the fact they are taking it for only owed CS. These people are having a hard time just like the rest of us are. And then I don't agree that the state should take the whole payment either. If it's mean to be paid toward owed child support then the kids should get it not the state. 

Well if you have kids and your hours are shortened then everything helps. I am going through my savings now. I'm not upset but I was just relaying what I've experienced using the portal. My best friend got hers on her pre paid card and she had the fees come out of her return but no advance so nothing is set in stone.  I've been at my job for 16yrs not looking for a hand out but this is a tough time for everyone and alot of people are anxious. 

Yes

Exactly but it's money I never anticipated so I will be patient but I never anticipated this happening either so I am grateful that it's coming regardless.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies