Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

I was wondering about that too. If the children will get it if not let the men or women get their money because they may be trying and having a hard time too. To answer your question I do not owe child support it is owed to me if that. 

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

I understand, I was more wondering about a date so I can plan accordingly but it is what it is and patience is everything now. 

I had a live chat with a turbo rep earlier and he said there is a chance it's a glitch and it could update again and the payments be sent direct deposit to the account you entered on the portal. It's not a guarantee he just said it could. 

Hate to say it but owe child support you get no 1200 

But would that 1200 go toward arrears to the children? From what I read on the IRS portal FAQS it doesn't say anything about it going toward owed support. It just says they cant get it due to owed support which can not be offset with the cares act like owed taxes and student loans. So basically unless you make over the income limits and owe support you won't get the payment. I read all that stuff it never mentions about it going to the children as a support/arrears payment. 

If you owe back child support they'll take that. But if it's less than you're stimulus, you'll get the difference.

My name is Rodney Zundel. I'm in Atmore Alabama 36502. I filed my taxes with TurboTax. And have gotten nothing. I mean absolutely nothing. The TT website says it's been accepted. But IRS.gov and the IRS app says no information available at all. .. that's my taxes...my stimulus payment was sent to a ACCOUNT NUMBER THAT I have never seen or had before. Get my payment. Says my money has already been sent to the account number.for which is not mine..... AND YES I PUT MY CHECKING. INFO ON MY TAXES NOT A CARD AND NO ADVANCE... SOMEBODY IS DEFINITELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS. AND NEEDS TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE....I HAVE NO REFUND. AND NO STIMULUS PAYMENT. ILE BE HOMELESS BEFORE I GET IT ALL 

LS13
Level 3

@aimeej23 I am in the exact same situation.  I didn't pay any fees, didn't get an advance. My refund went towards an offset for back taxes. It told me I was getting a direct deposit to my bank account that I had on my return. I pray it stays that way. I am not going to be able to take the stress of waiting on a paper check. I have no clue what's happening. Maybe it will change. 

LS13
Level 3

@Tjhutson1990 here is sippets of article from USA Today article:

If you're behind on child support, you either won't get a stimulus check or will receive a reduced one.

The reason? While the CARES Act suspends debts like overdue student loans or back taxes that typically lead to the garnishment of tax refunds, it doesn't apply to delinquent child support payments. That means the government's relief checks will still be garnished if you're overdue. And some spouses who are filing joint tax returns with their late-paying partners are upset their stimulus money is being trimmed or withheld, even if they typically qualify for relief in situations like tax refunds.

Even if your spouse is solely responsible for the debt, a shared tax refund or stimulus check could be at risk. 

“If someone does owe back child support and they’re due a stimulus payment, they will offset that check for the amount that you owe,” says Christina Taylor, head of operations at Credit Karma Tax. It’s a way to ensure that people who need relief the most, like a lower-income person with children, is able to get it, she says.

Thank you I've just been going off what's on the IRS portal about it. So there is a chance my son will get his father's!? The only thing is it says nothing when it come to me getting cash assistance from the state. His father has to pay that back. When they take his tax return they keep it toward what he owes the state. Tried asking main child support office of Tenn but they couldn't answer. Heck there was a cs payment made that my son didn't get it's showing on my online account that it was paid toward C's but he never got it and it's not showing on their end. Everything is all messed up. 

Tee9
Level 1

Hello i did mine through TurboTax too and its telling me its not available do you know if i can do it some where else

If your talking about the stimulus payment use the IRS portal. Get my payment. No dashes is social, put / between month day and year and street address just how you put it on your return and zip code. If your talking about you federal tax return I have no clue. TT screwed alot of ppl. I paid the almost 300$ and not I have to wait on freaking paper!!! 

Dude I put in just federal amount and that's the right info not the whole amount of ur refund just federal amount 

Vicki [email address removed] please I would love lawyers info .. also did you see that tt puts thier own dd bank account so it's sends the stimulus and tax money if you paid outta ur taxes to thier tt DD account . So it is turbo tax not giving irs our personal dd bank account ? As I recall I never gave my permission for turbo tax to do a third party direct deposit account so they broke my privacy HIPPA act on my personal info . 

Somebody had something to say about church lmfao in the holy scriptures it states thou shall not steal.stealing is not only breaking and entering stealing is also HOLDING BACK WAGES From EMPLOYEES as well. If you do so those will cry out to yah.and if you guys think this covid 19 **bleep** is something keeping playing with Elohim. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies