IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

So everyone knows the IRS Portal is now open for you to adjust your direct deposit information if you need to. First it will let you check your status-then it may allow you to update your payment method. I was able to do so successfully. I was not immediately told how long it will take for the funds to come into my account. 

FYI- the status of my payment originally was that they didn’t have enough information to send my payment based on my most recent tax return. So basically I got the Turbo Tax Debit Card-no advance, and not a Rush card just the normal Green Dot Turbo Tax card-and basically somehow Turbo Tax has my information all screwed up because the IRS didn’t have enough info to send me my stimulus payment. Everyone around me is getting theirs and I’m sitting here like a fool come to find out it’s because of Turbo Tax. I paid $230 to get my taxes done by them and they screwed me on both my tax refunds and the stimulus. I won’t be back to do business with them again.