Other financial discussions

Go into the TT app or site and download your forms-whatever it says on the form for your refund amount on the paperwork is what you put on the IRS Stimulus portal. 

However-if you’re sure you got the right dollar amount and the IRS website is not taking it or saying it’s wrong I’d call Turbo Tax-they’re responsible for your tax information. The dollar amount needed for your taxes is the dollar amount before any fees apply-the same dollar amount you would put on its.gov to check your tax refund status. 

And I’m with all of you. I’m done with TT as a company. I recommended them highly to everyone used them for years and always paid good money for their tax prep usually always well over $100-2019 tax year it was $230. 

Now it sounds like to me if you opted to have your tax costs taken out of your refund they didn’t pass over information to the IRS resulting in us getting our stimulus payment but if you paid for it up front or were qualified for their rush service to get a cash advance then they did provide your information. Thats bs we all paid them for our taxes or did the free agent edition. 

I intend to do something legal about this. My friends a lawyer. No matter what state you live in just reply to this with your first name and I’ll put an email together and communicate with you that way if you’ve been screwed by TT and want something legal to be done. Class Action Lawsuit for discriminatory practices with how they handled our information to receive our stimulus payments is how I would look at it. I hope you all get your issues resolved and get your moneys very quickly.