turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Military spouse state of residence

My husband and I married October 2015. We are both from Mississippi. We were stationed in Oklahoma for military training in December 2015. We are still in Oklahoma until June of 2017. What state do I put as our residence? How should I answer all of the residence questions?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

When asked 2. Tell us what state(s) you lived in just enter your home of record (Mississippi for you). Do not select that you lived in another State unless you made money from a Civilian job in another state. 

However, if you did make money from a civilian job in another state, please be sure to scroll down to the "Other state income" section under the Personal Info tab (see screenshot below this answer box). This is where you will enter any Civilian income from other States you lived in. The program will then present a list of income types and ask you "Did either of you have any of these types of income?".  Select Yes or No, as appropriate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

When asked 2. Tell us what state(s) you lived in just enter your home of record (Mississippi for you). Do not select that you lived in another State unless you made money from a Civilian job in another state. 

However, if you did make money from a civilian job in another state, please be sure to scroll down to the "Other state income" section under the Personal Info tab (see screenshot below this answer box). This is where you will enter any Civilian income from other States you lived in. The program will then present a list of income types and ask you "Did either of you have any of these types of income?".  Select Yes or No, as appropriate.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies