mikeysluck

My son is in the military and the only W-2 he receive says "Copy 2 to be filed with employee's state, city or Local income Tax Return. What about Federal?

What do we send with her Federal Taxes as far as the W-9?

ToddL

If you are filing the return by mail and need the Federal copy of the W-2, it is available online through the myPay website at https://mypay.dfas.mil/. Your child will have to create an account and either download and send the form to you, or give you the user ID and Password.

I've attached sample screenshots from the website. My "menu" is a little different because I'm a retiree.

ToddL

Are you filing electronically?
mikeysluck

No, I have to mail it because I don't have the correct number from the W-2 from 2015.  Apparently I need that for a Security number before I can file it electronically
ToddL