turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

andylax9

How do I list kuwait as a combat zone?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You go thru all the questions in "My Info" when you edit you personal information (name, DOB, SSN, etc)....and it asks if you were in the military, then one of the questions that follows shows a whole page of combat zone operations  (Kuwait is not specifically listed...but it's one of those operations)...or "Other Combat Zone".

As far as your military W-2 is concerned, military finance will reduce box 1 by your combat pay, and show that amount in box 12 with a code Q.  That's the only place it is needed.  If you don't have any box 12, Code Q value, you'll have to go to military finance and get a corrected W-2....or find out why you didn't qualify for it.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You go thru all the questions in "My Info" when you edit you personal information (name, DOB, SSN, etc)....and it asks if you were in the military, then one of the questions that follows shows a whole page of combat zone operations  (Kuwait is not specifically listed...but it's one of those operations)...or "Other Combat Zone".

As far as your military W-2 is concerned, military finance will reduce box 1 by your combat pay, and show that amount in box 12 with a code Q.  That's the only place it is needed.  If you don't have any box 12, Code Q value, you'll have to go to military finance and get a corrected W-2....or find out why you didn't qualify for it.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
andylax9

Thank you very much!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies