How do I answer "I am a member or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces (active, reserve or National Guard)"? Yes or No I separated the air force 03June2016.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I answer "I am a member or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces (active, reserve or National Guard)"? Yes or No I separated the air force 03June2016.

3 Replies

Based on the information that you have provided; You would answer "Yes" because you would be considered a "former member of the U.S. Armed Forces".

Level 15

Note to Others seeing this question

At this point in time (2020 and working on 2019 taxes), the answer would be NO.

During early 2019, a whole bunch of old Q&A's were dumped into this forum with the dates changed to the Dump date. 

The actual question may have been asked in 2017 about a 2016 tax return...for which the answer would have been, Yes, back then since the original person asking was in the military for a part of 2016.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings