paul-ponder

How do I answer "I am a member or former member of the U.S. Armed Forces (active, reserve or National Guard)"? Yes or No I separated the air force 03June2016.

Patrice

Based on the information that you have provided; You would answer "Yes" because you would be considered a "former member of the U.S. Armed Forces".

782024

SteamTrain

Note to Others seeing this question

At this point in time (2020 and working on 2019 taxes), the answer would be NO.

______________________________________________

During early 2019, a whole bunch of old Q&A's were dumped into this forum with the dates changed to the Dump date. 

The actual question may have been asked in 2017 about a 2016 tax return...for which the answer would have been, Yes, back then since the original person asking was in the military for a part of 2016.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*