turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zvilampel

Does it make a difference if I divide ink cartridge expenses among my businesses, or just list them all under one of them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Does it make a difference if I divide ink cartridge expenses among my businesses, or just list them all under one of them?

Your expenses should be reflected against the income in proportion to the business activity of each business.  This can be a simple formula of income received from each business as a percentage to the total income received from all businesses.  This same formula would apply to any expenses that are attributable to all business activities you operate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Your expenses should be reflected against the income in proportion to the business activity of each business.  This can be a simple formula of income received from each business as a percentage to the total income received from all businesses.  This same formula would apply to any expenses that are attributable to all business activities you operate.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies