turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jodonogh5

How should a husband and wife who have LLC rental income in Florida file the taxes? Husband and wife file jointly.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Carl
Level 15

How should a husband and wife who have LLC rental income in Florida file the taxes? Husband and wife file jointly.

File it "as if" you don't have an LLC at all. Remember, an LLC is considered a disregarded entity by the IRS. Additionally, rental income and expenses are reported on SCH E no matter what. There are not exceptions. So if rental property is the only thing you have in your LLC, you have absolutely nothing to report on SCH C. All rental income and expenses are reported on SCH E as a part of your personal 1040 tax return.
jodonogh5

I am reading that I have to file a 1065 because Florida is not a community state?
Carl
Level 15

Florida doesn't tax personal income. But even if you file the 1065 partnership return, it's still reported on SCH E as a part of the 1065 return. Give me a minute to find it, and I'll post a link that has quite a bit of information on this.
Carl
Level 15

You need to read all of this, so that when you get to the part for rental property owners, it will hopefully make sense.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6413908

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies