Solved: You can locate the worksheets that were included i...

kendyllcampbell1

Where can I obtain a cumulative summary of the total depreciation I have taken on a rental property to date, not just the current year, but the sum total of depreciation?

TomK

You can locate the worksheets that were included in your tax return by accessing a complete copy of your tax return from the Print Center. The PDF file of your tax return that is located on the tax home page will not include the worksheets.  Please note: this may not work until your return has been accepted.

Please take the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return which would include all worksheets:

1. Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return.
  2. Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click on show.
  3. Next scroll down and click on Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.)
  4. In the left side panel click on Tax Tools then click on Print Center.
  5. Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  6. Then select the option to print your 2018 federal and state returns (shortest version). You can also select the option to Include government worksheets (optional) (medium-length version) and/or You can also select Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) (longest version). Then select View or print forms.
  7. This will allow you to print your complete tax file.
  8. Once you have finished printing, click on Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click on Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

When you choose to view/save/print your return to Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) (longest version), it will include a “Depreciation and Amortization Report” (Form 4562) that will show you what depreciation method was used, etc.

TomK

Have you filed already?
Carl

For the sum total, look at the IRS Form 4562 that prints in landscape format, and add together all the amounts in the prior depr and current depr column.
You can also work through each individual asset to get those numbers, and then add them all together.
TomK