Solved: Which turbotax version do I need for the sale of non rental properties?

Which turbotax version do I need for the sale of non rental properties?

Personal use or investment use and sale of non-rental or non-business real property is reported as a capital gain or loss on Schedule D.  Using the online editions of TurboTax you would need either the Premier or Self-Employed editions.  Using the desktop CD/Download editions, then any edition an be used to report the sale.

To enter an investment sale other than from a brokerage account (1099-B), follow the steps below.

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Under Investment Income
  • On Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other, click the start or update button

On the next screen, click Yes

On the next screen, click No

On the next screen, choose the option that pertains to the type of investment sale you are reporting and continue with the section until it completes.

Or enter investment sales in the Search box located in the upper right of the online program screen.  Click on Jump to investment sales

• Under Investment Income

On the next screen, click Yes

On the next screen, click No