kahren

Where in the Deluxe software can I enter $245 in rental income? I do not want to pay the upgrade for rental income.

I rented my garage stall and I've always been able to include it under "other income", but this year the software will not allow.  I do not want to pay additional for an upgrade for $245 in income.  If it was a higher amount I would

You are going to have to enter this on Form 1040 Line 21 as Miscellaneous Income.  Give it the name Not for Profit Garage Rental

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Show All
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income
  • On Miscellaneous Income, 1099-C, 1099-A, click the start or update button

On the next screen, at the bottom of list, Other Reportable Income, click the start or update button

On the next screen click on Yes

On the next screen enter the description and the amount.  Continue with this section until it completes.

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Show All
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income

On the next screen click on Yes

kahren

THANK YOU !!!

You are Welcome and Good Luck!