turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where in the Deluxe software can I enter $245 in rental income? I do not want to pay the upgrade for rental income.

I rented my garage stall and I've always been able to include it under "other income", but this year the software will not allow.  I do not want to pay additional for an upgrade for $245 in income.  If it was a higher amount I would

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where in the Deluxe software can I enter $245 in rental income? I do not want to pay the upgrade for rental income.

You are going to have to enter this on Form 1040 Line 21 as Miscellaneous Income.  Give it the name Not for Profit Garage Rental

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Show All
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income
  • On Miscellaneous Income, 1099-C, 1099-A, click the start or update button

On the next screen, at the bottom of list, Other Reportable Income, click the start or update button

On the next screen click on Yes

On the next screen enter the description and the amount.  Continue with this section until it completes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You are going to have to enter this on Form 1040 Line 21 as Miscellaneous Income.  Give it the name Not for Profit Garage Rental

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Show All
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income
  • On Miscellaneous Income, 1099-C, 1099-A, click the start or update button

On the next screen, at the bottom of list, Other Reportable Income, click the start or update button

On the next screen click on Yes

On the next screen enter the description and the amount.  Continue with this section until it completes.

THANK YOU !!!

You are Welcome and Good Luck!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies