mariaryleigh1122

Where do I enter my rent?

Where do I enter my rent?

RENT

There is not a rent deduction or credit on your Federal return.  If your state has anything for renters you will be prompted to enter your rent info when you complete your state return.  As far as I know, the states that have anything for rent are Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wisconsin.

cameaf

Where do I enter my rent?

What state do you live in?
lopezje97

Where do I enter my rent?

Ga

Where do I enter my rent?

RENT

sunhil

Where do I enter my rent?

I am a traveling nurse and I rent property in my home state (Missouri).  How do I indicate this on my taxes.

sunhil

Where do I enter my rent?

missouri,  i worked in california and maryland as a traveling nurse

JohnW152

Where do I enter my rent?

When you’re going through the Missouri portion of the tax interview in the TurboTax program, you’ll come to a section that includes Property Tax Credit.  Answer the questions in that section appropriately, and the TurboTax program will determine your eligibility.

According to MO-PTS 2021 Property Tax Credit Schedule, you’ll be eligible if you’re:

• 65 years of age or older - You must be a full year resident. (Attach Form SSA-1099.);
  • 100% Disabled Veteran as a result of military service (Attach letter from Department of Veterans Affairs - see instructions.);
  • 100% Disabled (Attach letter from Social Security Administration or Form SSA-1099.); or, 
  • 60 years of age or older and received surviving spouse benefits (Attach Form SSA-1099.)

@sunhil

sdfulbright

Where do I enter my rent?

How do you attach your rent receipt(s) for MO-PTS?  You can enter the number (sum total) on the form but there is no place under Federal or State where to upload proof of your rent paid! Are they calling your landlord for proof now? Also, they didn't ask for the landlord's ID number (renters form of ss number) on the certification for rent paid form?  Has that changed?

Where do I enter my rent?