Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jh73
Level 3

There may be a bug in TurboTax Deluxe. On Form 8949, I have mutual fund sales with "Various" for the Date Acquired. Form shows "See Stmnt", but there is no statement.

On my Form 8949, I got the "See Stmnt" comment when I selected "If multiple purchase lots, check one: Use summary provided by broker" on the Capital Gains Worksheet. The Worksheet then says to Complete Part X; when I click on the QuickZoom button, it takes me back to the same Capital Gains Worksheet. I scroll down to Part X, and see "See Stmnt" for Date Acquired and Date Sold--the fields cannot be edited.

jh73
Level 3

There may be a bug in TurboTax Deluxe. On Form 8949, I have mutual fund sales with "Various" for the Date Acquired. Form shows "See Stmnt", but there is no statement.

On the Capital Gains Worksheet for one of my quirky transactions, I changed my selection from "If multiple purchase lots, check one: Use summary provided by broker" to "If multiple purchase lots, check one: Use multiple lots worksheet". I was then prompted to fill in a worksheet and list all of the Various transactions line by line. When I finished doing this for all the quirky transactions, the Form 8949 stopped displaying "See Stmnt" and instead correctly showed "Various" for Data Acquired and the proper Date Sold value. There was no reference to a separate statement, and the detail of the Various transactions was NOT provided when I printed out the federal tax return (tax return only).

This process takes more work, but it bypasses the problem I encountered.

canceled

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies