Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The 4562 did not include a fixed asset listing with depreciation. I have downloaded the return from every link. How can I get this report?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The 4562 did not include a fixed asset listing with depreciation. I have downloaded the return from every link. How can I get this report?

If you are using the Online program then use the PRINT CENTER to review the depreciation worksheets since the 4562 is not always needed.  Did you fully depreciation the asset in prior tax years ?  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If you are using the Online program then use the PRINT CENTER to review the depreciation worksheets since the 4562 is not always needed.  Did you fully depreciation the asset in prior tax years ?  

Carl
Level 15

The 4562 is only printed/generated if required. So song as their are no changes from the prior year, it's not required. Things that will generate it are adding an asset, removing an asset, and selling or otherwise disposing of an asset.

To get the 4562 (needed or not) you need to save your tax return in PDF format. How you do that, depends on what version you're using - online or desktop.

When you save it in PDF format, do not elect to save only the files required for filing, or only the files "for your records". Elect to save absolutely everything - all forms and calculation worksheets.

Then you can open the saved PDF and search for the 4562 you need. Take note that for each rental property (SCH E) or business (SCH C) that you own and have assets listed for, there will be two 4562's for each rental or business. One is titled Depreciation and Amortization Report and is most likey the one you seek. The other is titled Alternative Minimum Tax Depreciation. Appearance-wise, both forms look identical, except for the title and the numbers filled in for your assets.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies