stock cost basis

stock cost basis

My wife had stock given to her by her former emplorer 3 different times. We sold all the stock this year and now I don't know how to determine the cost basis. Do I need to find the stock price at the time it was given to her then multiply the price by the number of stocks for each of the 3 times she recieved them then add the 3 totals together to come up with the cost basis? PS is there a phone number I can call if the answer is more complex than this?

stock cost basis

Yes, I recommend that you call the number and have them provide you with some support of the basis, or how to calculate it. 

It depends on the essence of the transaction, if the cost was ever included in her wages, or should have been, if it vested over time, or if it was a gift (this is not likely unless an individual gave her stock.)  

stock cost basis

Thanks for replying but I don't see a phone number to call.

stock cost basis

I apologize for that. 

See the link below for instructions on how to reach us should you need further assistance.

Contact TurboTax