anitacdova

Should I include emergency assistance on rent certificate? The money is from a non-profit and covered most of my rent for one month in WI. Check was sent to my landlord.

This was due to hardship with being unemployed and not sure if I should only include the amount I paid for the month or the whole amount on rent certificate and make a note explaining the circumstances and where the money came from.
Carl

If the money was not paid directly to you, then you don't include it. (I assume you are the one paying rent and you're asking this for your renter's credit on the state tax return, whatever state that may be.)

If the money is taxable income to you (and it might not be since it was paid by a non-profit, to someone other than you) then you will receive some type of tax reporting document for it, not later than Feb 15th.