Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

pepotr

Wells Fargo Advisors Import still not working

I am having the same problem.  I even started over with a new filing and still can't get in.  I have contacted WFA and my username and passwords are correct!  Very Frustrating!!!!

So, my password contained a special character.  I went into WFA and changed my password to not contain any special characters and then went back to Turbo Tax and was able to import without further issues.  

hfarag

Change your Wells Fargo password to remove any special characters, then try to import into TurboTax

mtonetta

I changed my pw & tried again but it still doesn't work.  Is it the 2 factor authentication? It seems to accept the pw & then send the text code but the when I enter the text code it fails.

If you read above, people have changed their password, so there isn’t a special character in it. I do have a special character, “!” in mine and it works just fine on February 18th. I did not have to use a two factor authentication at all on TT. 

I can confirm that changing the password so that it only contains alphanumeric and @ works. The import from Wells Fargo Advisors worked and it did not ask for 2-factor authentication. I first tried calling Wells Fargo customer service and they were spectacularly unhelpful, saying that they do not support TurboTax issues. Whew! I thought I was going to have to enter all that data into TurboTax myself.

Yes, it has to do with the fact that turbo tax does not accept any special characters except the @ . 

no special characters. I tried changing my password just to see if it helped.  No dice.   Other than removing special characters, what else has worked?

I have not had any problems this year at all - I have at least one cap, at least one lower case and one number without any special characters at all.  

I posted this last year and I do not understand why I keep getting notifications about this problem this year.

Are you sure you are using the exact log in name and password as if you were trying to get into your online wells fargo account?  Everything needs to match.  No "special" characters.  Or, perhaps do you have your caps lock on?

You haven't had problems because you are following the rules.  No special characters.

I have changed my password and removed all special characters but it still does not work.  Is there a character limit or some other password requirement?

I enter the username and password, and then it texts me the code to enter for the two step verification.  After entering that code it attempts to download and then I get the Import Unsuccessful error.   No special characters in the password and I have logged out of the Wells Fargo account in my web browser after changing the password.

When I changed to import from Wells Fargo Advisors instead of Wells Fargo Bank it then worked and imported successfully.

I still get an air when trying to import my 1099s from Wells Fargo advisors. I was able to log on to Wells Fargo Bank but it required a security code, I'm wondering if TurboTax didn't program properly for the security code prompt?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies